The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Be Noble. Be a Data Analyst at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We're Seeking
Noble is looking for a Data Analyst (DA) to join our Network Support Team—a team dedicated to providing world-class service to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Director of Data. The DA is accountable for providing critical data administration and analysis services to support Noble’s teachers and staff in advancing student performance. The DA is expected to participate in helping the Data Team develop and implement Noble’s strategic plan for how analytics will be used to drive Noble’s student performance.
- Ad Hoc Analysis: By combining profound data curiosity with sharp problem solving skills, the DA will analyze multiple data streams and provide Noble staff with formative results that will push student performance and operational efficiency. The DA will uphold the team’s commitment to data quality and integrity.
- Data Reporting: The DA will assist the team in assessing, visualizing, and using our data to help generate reports that present trends, relationships and leading indicators of student outcomes to be shared with the Network staff.
- System Administration: The DA will assist our team in maintaining our academic data platform, PowerSchool. They will maintain the health and integrity of the system so that all of Noble’s staff, students and academic stakeholders have access to accurate and up-to-date academic information.
- Campus Support: The DA will assist in responding to and resolving support tickets put in by campus staff with regards to PowerSchool. They will be expected to work with campuses to design and implement PowerSchool customizations to help improve our ability to store data and improve campus efficiency. This may also include integrating tools such as Google Sheets or Python scripts to improve processes.
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The DA is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
- Advanced experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets is required
- 1+ years of experience with SQL queries, preferably across multiple database platforms is required.
- Familiarity with Power School or other ERP/Student Information System is highly preferred
- Oracle and Postgres is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or Server or other data reporting platform is highly preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (Python, R) is highly preferred
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm is mandatory (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus).
- Emotional intelligence is mandatory (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience is required: Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
If interested, candidates can apply directly at www.nobleschools.org/careers. Please be prepared to submit a resume, at least 4 references, and short answer questions. Please direct inquiries about this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.