The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Bilingual Administrative Assistant - Chicago Bulls College Prep
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Greet families and other guests to our school, serving as the first point of service-focused contact in our buildings
- Handle most form intake including enrollment, registration, health forms, and other school-related paperwork
- Answer phone, reply to emails, sort mail, and handle all communication flowing through the main office
- Sell school uniforms, collect school fees, and ensure proper record keeping related to purchases and money intake
- Reach out to families for a variety of reasons including student absences, key announcements, and billing issues
- Serve as an active member of student recruitment and enrollment efforts including reaching out to potentially interested families
- Contribute in a variety of ways, seeking new opportunities (e.g. making copies, running an errand, etc.) to free up teachers to focus on teaching
- Work with students directly, including occasional supervision duties, as needed
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Follow through, highly organized, strong attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Excellent customer service skills, including an outwardly friendly demeanor
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelors degree preferred
Given the importance of our support staff to the success of our schools, Noble offers among the top hourly rates of any schools in the Chicagoland area. Starting compensation is based on degree attainment and work experience.For 30+ hours per week full-time employees, we also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K retirement contributions, free financial planning support, gym membership discounts, and much more. We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.