The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Financial Support
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college-goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators and support staff to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and working in close coordination with the Controller, the Accounts Payable Supervisor, and the operations leads at each campus, the Manager of Financial Support is responsible for the everyday administration and internal user support for Noble’s Corporate credit card program, student billing, and vendor management.
This position is operational in nature. Familiarity with accounts payable and accounts receivables processes, procurement/purchasing and ERP and data systems in general is a strong plus.
Key Job Responsibilities
● Administration of Noble’s corporate credit card program, including support to end users and assistance with coding and data flow
● Student billing support, including self-service payment portal for families
● Vendor compliance, vetting of new vendors as required by federal regulations, support new contract process in coordination with Noble’s legal counsel
● Direct and execute vendor management programs and initiatives that facilitate campus and home office leaders achieving their goals; manage vendor relationships with Amazon, Office Depot, Pitney Bowes, and other key vendors
● Support Campus Operation Leads in finance-related processes such as student billing, collections, expense reimbursement, and P-card customer service
● Team up with Accounts Payable Supervisor to improve and streamline AP functions
● Oversee expense reimbursement processes for employees
● Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
● Strong ability to manage multiple projects at once
● Highly organized, excellent follow-through, and impressive attention to detail
● Humility and self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, receptivity to feedback, and a desire to continuously improve
● Customer-service orientation, excellent communication skills, and ability to build effective partnerships across the organization
● Familiarity with data systems
● Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, management or STEM fields
● Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
● 5 yrs or more of experience in finance or accounting functions
● A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee compensation and benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Noble provides competitive salaries; health, dental, life and disability insurance; 401k contributions; vacation/sick leave; and many other perks.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.