The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble Support Team Office Coordinator
Be Noble. Be an Office Manager at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We're Seeking
The Office Manager provides leadership with regard to the Noble Support Team location. This position requires an organized professional to manage the business, facilities, and operational side of the Noble Support Team location on the lower level of 1 North State, as well as navigate relationships and build process and procedures in conjunction with the Muchin College Prep leadership team. This position reports to the Network Operations Manager and works closely with the Network Operations and Facilities teams.
This position requires the constant exercise of discretion and independent judgment in overseeing the following:
- Prepares budget and is responsible for the ordering and stocking office and facility supplies based on Noble Support Team needs. Identifies opportunities for cost savings, better efficiency, or other improvements; recommends and implements policy or process changes as appropriate.
- Facilitates maintenance of office equipment, including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs; ensures copiers, printers, and postage equipment are supplied with paper, toner, ink on a daily basis; ensures meeting/break/rest spaces are stocked and maintained daily.
- Provides clerical support when needed to assist Network Operations and Facilities staff with assigned administrative duties such as answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, and data entry. May be asked to support other Noble Support Team departments on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinates with Muchin College Prep leadership team on all required safety drills, e.g. fire, active shooter; Works in partnership with Muchin College Prep staff to identify better efficiencies or other improvements in Muchin-Noble Support Team space sharing.
- Greets and escorts, or coordinates the greeting and escorting, of Noble Support Team visitors to the Noble Support Team space.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior ability to identify and solve problems.
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google products.
- Self-motivated to seek out and incorporate feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in office administration or related field preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of administrative and clerical experience required.
- Frequent sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Frequent reading, comprehension, writing, and verbal communication.
- Must be able to lift between 10-15 lbs.
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.