For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has now grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Consistently, these campuses represent Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment high schools (based on SAT as well as other critical outcomes like college graduation, etc.).
Noble is looking for a PowerSchool Administrator to join our Network Support Team (NST) —a team dedicated to providing world-class service via data to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Director of Data Intelligence and will work within the NST Data Team. The PowerSchool Administrator is accountable for providing Noble staff with support for Noble’s student information system, PowerSchool.
- System Administration: The PowerSchool Administrator will support administration of our student information system, PowerSchool. They will be responsible for maintaining the health and integrity of PowerSchool. This will involve troubleshooting issues within the system, managing software/database updates and working with PowerSchool support and other vendors to resolve any issues that arise.
- Campus Support: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for responding to and resolving support tickets put in by campus staff with regards to PowerSchool. They will be expected to work with campuses to improve our ability to store data and improve campus efficiency. This may also include working with our software developers to integrate tools such as Google Sheets or Python scripts to improve processes. This role will also provide regular professional development support to staff at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Student Data Reporting and Quality: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for reporting data to external entities, such as CPS and ISBE. The Administrator will use multiple data manipulation and cleaning techniques to improve the quality of data being entered into PowerSchool and CPS systems for students.
- Project Management: Often the PowerSchool Administrator is tasked with supporting larger Network initiatives while overseeing campus and reporting cycles. This entails identifying and engaging key stakeholders, clearly communicating expectations and deadlines, and expertly guiding staff through PowerSchool processes.
Technical Skills - Required
- Experience administering a student information system, preferably PowerSchool
- Comfortable using and manipulating spreadsheets
- 1+ years of experience with SQL queries
Technical Skills - Ideal
- Experience with PowerSchool’s Oracle back-end and data model
- Experience with PowerSchool page customization features
- Experience with Google Sheets
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with data analysis whether descriptive or predictive in nature
Ideal Traits & Experiences
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Deep understanding of FERPA and ISSRA
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong evidence of supporting a large and technically diverse group of clients in previous roles is expected
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Emotional intelligence (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.