IT Support Specialist
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
Who We’re Seeking
The IT Support Specialist provides direct support to students, teachers, and staff of Noble through the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of end-user computing equipment. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of IT and as part of a fifteen-member team, the IT Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing frontline/first responder technical support. The members of this team are responsible for resolving “level one” technical issues through in-person/hands-on as well as remote support for thousands of computing devices and hundreds of applications for 1300 employees, 12,000 students, and nineteen locations throughout Chicago (i.e., 17 high school campuses, one middle school campus, the Network Support Team, and Noble Daycare).
Noble’s computing environment consists of ten Windows campuses and three Mac (OS X) campuses. Noble Daycare and the Network Support Team are also Windows-based. The ideal candidate has notable experience with Windows and some working knowledge of Mac OS X as well. Cross-platform experience (Mac and Windows) is highly desired but not mandatory.
The IT Support Specialist must be able to reach (and often work from) any Noble location efficiently and without reservation. The campuses, Noble Support Team, and Noble Daycare are located throughout Chicago and can all be reached easily by car. Please visit our website at www.noblenetwork.org to see the locations of our schools.
Finally, the IT Support Specialist will occasionally be responsible for responding to technology issues that occur outside of normal business hours and also for staffing occasional weekend and evening projects. A reasonable amount of flexibility to accommodate this need is an essential part of this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver “straight-A” technical support to Noble campuses as a key player on a fifteen-member help desk team.
- Provide courteous, professional, skillful, and expeditious communication and resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with MS Windows and Mac OS-X (highly considered) as well as software applications, AV systems and
- Phone services (e.g., Exchange, Active Directory, Open Directory, MS Office, Outlook, Entourage, vmWare, SCCM
- Sophos Antivirus; Symantec Backup Exec, IP Office Voicemail Pro, etc).
- Perform basic one-on-one technology training for new employees as needed.
- Staff on the support team have a singular goal: to provide our teachers and students with optimal learning
- Conditions from a technology standpoint each and every day. We exist for our students, teachers, and staff and remain laser focused every single day on how we can improve the technology experience for each of these groups.
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Have at least two years of relevant technical support experience in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of Mac (OS X) is also a huge plus
- Have superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have a sustainable balance between customer service and technical skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Have the ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Be reliable, honest, and trustworthy
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and/or recent military experience
What Noble Has to Offer
Compensation: Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications.
A Range of Benefits: We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Health & Wellness:
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to a licensed social worker and 3 in-person counseling services
- Professional Development and Recognition Opportunities:
At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!