Girls Basketball Coach
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Position Available at: Gary Comer College Prep
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
Coaching at Noble
Athletics play an essential role in teaching our students to conduct themselves with honesty and integrity, strive for excellence, persevere through adversity, make sacrifices, and compete with dignity and pride while developing a commitment to teamwork and service to our school and community. Our athletic administration and coaches are committed to providing a challenging, supportive and caring environment where our student-athletes can reach their academic, athletic, and personal potential.
Key Job Responsibilities
Head coaches are responsible for upholding a high culture of expectations and support during all practices and games. Requirements include attendance at all scheduled practices and games while in season and additional off-season requirements as needed. Practices are typically held after the school day and games are played throughout the week.
In addition to the above requirements, additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain roster, including applicable fees, forms, and additional requirements as determined by the Athletic Director and IHSA
- Manage budget
- Hire and manage assistant coaches
- Manage Inventory of equipment and uniforms
- Schedule games with non-conference opponents
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Coaches are eligible for coaching stipends, which will be paid out at the end of the season. It is preferred though not required that interested applicants apply for full time positions at a Noble school as well.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.