Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Noble’s Development Team is responsible for raising $8.9M in the 2022-2023 school year. The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy (Operations). The Development Coordinator is responsible for managing Noble’s development database and all departmental operations in support of our fundraising efforts. This requires keen attention to detail and the ability to manage competing and shifting priorities.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately enter gifts, coordinate with the Finance Team, generate acknowledgment letters, and ensure all related paperwork is filed in a timely manner.
- Update constituent data as applicable and maintain database integrity.
- Assist our Relationship Managers by tracking gifts and pledges and sending reminders when appropriate. ● Assist in the execution of donor communications. This can include pulling and managing the mailing list, printing the mailings, stuffing the envelopes, and overseeing the mailing process as needed. ● Assist in the management of the Noble Board of Directors. This can include working with the Chief Development Officer and Director of Philanthropy to coordinate board meetings, track attendance, execute logistical communication, maintain timelines, track professional development hours, etc. ● Work collaboratively with the Noble Support Team and Campus Staff to ensure timely execution of departmental operations.
Among the many qualifications we are seeking, the ideal candidate for Noble’s next Development Coordinator should have:
- Unwavering commitment to Noble's anti-racist commitment and mission of preparing students for college success and the firm belief in the potential of every student.
- Clear alignment with Noble’s core values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Follow-Through; Humility and Self-Awareness; Respect; and Results.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven record of managing complex tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, think critically, and deal with ambiguity. ● Experience with Google and Microsoft products (i.e Word, Google Docs, Gmail, Excel, Google Drive, etc.). ● Experience with Salesforce or other donor management software.
We strive to be among the best places to work in education, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Compensation is commensurate with experience for this role with an expected salary for this position starting at $45,000 annually.
Application Timeline & Process
After the May 30th priority deadline, select candidates will be notified of initial interviews and moved through various stages of our selection process. This process is expected to include virtual and in-person interviews with a variety of Noble stakeholders, reference checks, and time for both and candidate and Noble to deeply consider a decision. We aim to complete final interviews by June 24, 2022, with an offer being made in early July. Noble’s Development coordinator is expected to start on July 28, 2022, but the start date can be flexible for an ideal candidate. Please direct inquiries about this role to [email protected]
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.