The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Maternity Leave College Seminar Instructor/ College Counselor
Positions available at Gary Comer College Prep(expected start date is late February).
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
We know teaching is hard, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create curriculum that is backwards planned from college enrollment timeline and network goals
- Design and implement assessments and benchmarks that measure progress towards goal
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Support students in creating ambitious college lists, writing personal essays, and submitting thorough applications before early action due dates
- Complete FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other financial verification forms with students and parents by due dates
- Review financial aid letters with students and parents
- Manage a caseload of students in addition to being a teacher of record for college seminar class
- Coordinate college visits for all grade-levels
- Host college representatives for informational sessions
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to, students, parents, 12th grade advisors and teachers, leadership team
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Highly organized, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Experience as a full-time teacher
- Experience in college access work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required