The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Positions available at Johnson College Prep (Algebra 2)
Be Noble. Teach Math at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for instructors motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. We are looking for mission-aligned Math teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year who will open the world of geometry, algebra, and problem solving to our students. Each Math teacher is responsible for cultivating a community of learners in which diversity of thought is celebrated and results are achieved. Noble Math teachers provide frequent opportunities for students to practice the skills and habits necessary to be successful in school and demonstrate number sense and an understanding of all math subjects.
Our Math teachers are expected to:
- design and implement long term, unit, and lesson plans aligned to the SAT domains and dimensions,
- hold self and all students accountable during class, transitions, and school events,
- utilize data from in class and Network-wide formative and summative assessments to drive instruction and intervention, and
- exemplify Noble’s Core Values in the work they do.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- A bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What Noble has to Offer
A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course in the way you think will best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. All classes start on time and are never interrupted with announcements, copy rooms are stockpiled with paper, and over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and teams of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment and extended learning options such as night and summer school courses and internship opportunities.
Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, and we welcome the accountability necessary to achieve excellence. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
A Range of Benefits:We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Health & Wellness:
- A predictable salary schedule with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to a licensed social worker and 3 in-person counseling services
- Professional Development and Recognition Opportunities:
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
- Distinguished Teacher, a program to recognize and reward excellence in the classroom
- Instructional development series aligned to The Noble Classroomframework, including Foundations and Rigor training
At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!