The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Positions available at Mansueto High School.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college
- Build and maintain meaningful student relationships
- Develop a strong knowledge of on-campus student support services
- Manage a caseload of alumni at a variety of colleges across the country
- Create alumni support strategy and long term plan, alongside Dean of College
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to refine targeted, individualized alumni supports
- Support alumni in completing FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other financial verification forms by due dates while students are enrolled in college
- Review financial aid letters with students and parents
- Coordinate campus visits with other alumni counselors across the Noble network
- Work with all undocumented students to assist with the DACA process and the Pritzker Access Scholarship through the Noble Network, increasing affordable four-year options for these students
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Understand the academic, financial and social factors that impact college persistence
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to, students, parents, 12th grade advisors and teachers, leadership team, and alumni
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Highly organized, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Experience in college access work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.