For applicants who apply after 09/17/2021, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Be Noble. Be a Software Developer at Noble.
Who We're Seeking
As Noble has grown, we’ve continuously sought better ways to effectively meet our growing needs for supporting students as they apply to, matriculate to, persist in, and graduate from college. Over the past few years, we’ve developed nationally recognized tools and approaches for doing so and are recognized as a leader in finding data driven and sophisticated, yet individualized, approaches for supporting our students in becoming the first in their families to graduate from college.
The Software Developer will help us take this work to the next level by expanding existing software tools to be more stable and scalable and by working with practitioners to develop new solutions to unserved needs. While most of this work will help Noble better serve our students and alumni, we also open source our tools to peer networks around the country, expanding the potential impact to tens of thousands of additional students like ours. The position reports to the Chief Data and Innovation Officer.
- Build automation flows and data pipelines to enable a powerful cloud-based data infrastructure.
- Create API service endpoints to power the creation of new tools and apps driven by access to student, alumni, and operational data.
- Help design and implement a web-based platform that can provide a robust means to collect, store, analyze and report our academic data to Noble leadership and other campus stakeholders.
- Maintain and improve a number of existing software tools, with an emphasis on testing, documenting, and refactoring projects to improve stability, scalability and durability.
- Help develop and mature the software team’s SDLC and development practices.
- Work with the software development team to help create and maintain processes around continuous integration and deployment.
- A mission-driven commitment to making a difference in the lives of underserved students as they attempt to graduate from college.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience working in a high functioning, fast-paced organization in a software development role.
- Experience with OOP, ideally with some of that experience in Python.
- Experience with some web development including at least one MVC framework.
- Knowledge of some front-end development, including some JS-based framework such as Angular or Vue.
- Comfortable with SQL and relational databases.
- Comfort using the Linux shell and some basic system administration.
- Experience being a part of an agile development process.
- A belief in test-driven development, peer code review, and a robust CI/CD process.
- A history of aggressively delivering measurable results and strong self-management and excellent communication skills.
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/2021, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption.
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability
insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.