The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Maternity Leave Math Teacher
Positions available at Golder College Prep (9th Grade Math Maternity Leave Teacher, Start date 1/4/2021) and Mansueto High school.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
We know teaching is hard, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course to best achieve results for students. Our campus Administrators minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create curriculum that is backwards planned from SAT domains and dimensions
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.