The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Dean of Specialized Services / Case Manager
Positions available at Golder College Prep, Rowe-Clark Math & Science Academy, Mansueto High School, Hansberry College Prep, ITW Speer Academy and Noble Street College Prep.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Leading a school is difficult work, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: Teachers are empowered to design their courses to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Complete all tasks related to triennial Full Individual Evaluations, annual Individual Education Plans, and annual Section 504 Plans. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Opening all documents in IMPACT
- Conducting observations of students during class
- Scheduling meetings on team roster and calendar
- Coordinating with Learning Specialists and ensuring quality completion of all documents (i.e. Consent/Assessment Planning, Learning Environment Interventions, Notice of Conference, Parental Excusal of Staff) 10 days prior to meeting
- Attending and facilitating all meetings
- Ensuring all signatures are captured and all copies are provided to parents and uploaded into IMPACT
- Communicate and coordinate with Network and CPS for all transportation, paraprofessional, and placement requests
- Coordinate with outside service providers (psychologist, nurse, OT, PT, AT, SP, VI, HI)
- Send all quarterly IEP progress reports and other ODLSS mass mailings home and obtain signatures
- Manage learning specialist, paraprofessionals, and teacher assistants.
- Own promotion results and matriculation of diverse learners
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school & college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- A passion for organization and completing paperwork with fidelity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for facilitating IEP and 504 meetings
- 3+ years experience working in the special education field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- LBS1 Certification required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.