The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Bilingual Administrative Assistant - UIC College Prep (SY19.20)
Be Noble. Be an Administrative Assistant at UIC College Prep.
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve more than 12,000 students from 70 different communities in Chicago, Illinois. Noble is Chicago’s largest and highest-performing non-selective public school network. In 2015, Noble won the Broad Prize for Public Charter Schools awarded to the highest-performing network of charter schools in the country.
Who We're Seeking
Administrative assistants are cornerstones of the work we do at Noble. Among the core reasons for Noble’s success is our commitment to ensuring our schools are distraction-free for students and teachers so that classrooms can focus on maximizing learning time. Administrative assistants at Noble are responsible for a variety of operational needs of our schools including ensuring that tour schools’ front offices runs smoothly and that parents, students, and community members are greeted with a service-focused team when entering our schools.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Greet families and other guests to our school, serving as the first point of service-focused contact in our buildings
- Handle most form intake including enrollment, registration, health forms, and other school-related paperwork
- Answer phone, reply to emails, sort mail, and handle all communication flowing through the main office
- Sell school uniforms, collect school fees, and ensure proper record keeping related to purchases and money intake
- Reach out to families for a variety of reasons including student absences, key announcements, and billing issues
- Serve as an active member of student recruitment and enrollment efforts including reaching out to potentially interested families
- Contribute in a variety of ways, seeking new opportunities (e.g. making copies, running an errand, etc.) to free up teachers to focus on teaching
- Work with students directly, including occasional supervision duties, as needed
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills, including an outwardly friendly demeanor
- Highly organized including a evidence of strong follow-through skills
- A history of personal achievement as evidenced by success at work and/or in school
- Belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- Belief in Noble’s approach to high expectations of adults and students
- Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin and or/Cantonese speaking)
- Eligibility to work in the United States
Given the importance of our support staff to the success of our schools, Noble offers among the top hourly rates of any schools in the Chicagoland area. Starting compensation is based on degree attainment and work experience. For 30+ hour per week full-time employees, we also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401K retirement contributions, free financial planning support, gym membership discounts, and much more.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Join our mission today!