Information Technology Lead
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
The IT Lead Position
The IT Lead provides direct support to students, teachers, and staff of Noble through the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of end-user computing equipment. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of IT and as part of a fifteen-member team, the IT Lead is primarily responsible for providing frontline/first responder technical support. The members of this team are responsible for resolving “level one” technical issues through in-person/hands-on as well as remote support for thousands of computing devices and hundreds of applications for 1400 employees, 12,300 students, and nineteen locations throughout Chicago (i.e., 17 high school campuses, one middle school campus, the Network Support Team, and Noble Daycare).
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with Apple macOS and a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot Apple software and hardware. Experience with supporting iOS is a plus. Cross-platform experience (macOS and Windows) is highly desired but not mandatory. Students at all of our campuses make extensive use of Google Chromebooks, so experience with Google Admin and Chromebook management is also preferred. Noble’s computing environment consists of ten Windows campuses and three Apple (macOS and iOS) campuses along with administrative offices and a daycare. This position will focus on support for the Apple campuses while also being at the ready to support any other Noble location, as needed.
The IT Lead must be able to reach (and often work from) any Noble location efficiently and without reservation. The campuses, Noble Support Team, and Noble Daycare are located throughout Chicago and can all be reached easily by car. Please visit our website at www.noblenetwork.org to see the locations of our schools.
Finally, the IT Lead will occasionally be responsible for responding to technology issues that occur outside of normal business hours and for staffing occasional weekend and evening projects. A reasonable amount of flexibility to accommodate this need is an essential part of this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver “straight-A+” technical support to Noble campuses as a key player on a fifteen-member help desk team.
- Provide courteous, professional, skillful, and expeditious communication and resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot issues with Apple software and hardware, Microsoft Windows, and Google Admin as well as associated software applications, AV systems, and Phone services. Examples include but are not limited to Google Suite, Active Directory, MS Office, iWork, Outlook, VMWare, Traps, IP Office Voicemail Pro, JAMF MDM, Avaya, and Apple Remote Desktop.
- Perform basic one-on-one technology training for new employees, as needed.
- Staff on the support team have a singular goal: to provide our teachers and students with optimal learning conditions every day. We exist for our students, teachers, and staff and we remain laser focused every single day on how we can improve the technology experience for each of these groups.
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Have at least two years of relevant technical support experience with Apple software and hardware
- Experience providing support in a Windows environment
- Have superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Have a sustainable balance between customer service and technical skills
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to learn
- Have the ability to multitask, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Be reliable, honest, and trustworthy
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and/or recent military experience
- Any COMPTIA Apple/Windows technology certifications
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions or access to the Chicago Teachers Pension Fund, paid time off, and access to an on-site fitness facility.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.