The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Certified School Nurse
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Working at a school is difficult work, so we do what we can to ensure teachers can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: Teachers are empowered to design their courses to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
The Certified School Nurse position is housed under the Noble Network’s Academic Student Service’s Team. The Student Service’s team provides leanly operated and service-obsessed supports so that Noble campuses can do the work that matters most: supporting and achieving results for students.
Noble Network Related Service Providers support campuses’ special education teams. Some of the key operational functions include collaborating with campus case managers and other Related Service Providers, interpreting medical reports, supporting multiple campus sites, being flexible, writing and supporting IEPs and 504 plans, and maintaining compliance.
The Certified Service Nurse will report to Noble’s Senior Director of Student Services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate screenings in vision, hearing, etc. with CPS
- Provide campus support with medicine distribution and logging
- Serve as a collaborator on the campus crisis team(s); typical caseload is 4 campuses.
- An active member of each campus' Student Services team who completes documents for eligibility, IEP and 504 plan meetings in a timely fashion.
- Complete health assessments and health history reports consistent with the recommendations of the IEP team or as required for any 504 plans.
- Maintain accurate records and compliance in addition to meeting the direct and indirect needs of students with medical needs
- Create and support health action plans for students with diabetes, asthma, and allergies
- Maintain cumulative health records alongside office staff and identify any missing information.
- Provide health counseling to students’ concerns such as pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between CPS, ISBE, CDC, and the Noble Network regarding health related policies, procedures, compliance requirements, etc.
- Interact frequently and professionally with staff, parents, students, instructors, and other related service providers
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- Other duties as assigned.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school & college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- BSN Degree
- Illinois School Nurse Certification (Type 73)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standards
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.