The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Positions available at Mansueto High School ("This Alumni Coordinator role is for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, but is likely to turn into a college counselor role for the 2021-2022 school year. More details to be shared during the interview process").
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college
- Build and maintain meaningful student relationships
- Develop a strong knowledge of on-campus student support services
- Manage a caseload of alumni at a variety of colleges across the country
- Create alumni support strategy and long term plan, alongside Dean of College
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to refine targeted, individualized alumni supports
- Support alumni in completing FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other financial verification forms by due dates while students are enrolled in college
- Review financial aid letters with students and parents
- Coordinate campus visits with other alumni counselors across the Noble network
- Work with all undocumented students to assist with the DACA process and the Pritzker Access Scholarship through the Noble Network, increasing affordable four-year options for these students
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Understand the academic, financial and social factors that impact college persistence
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to, students, parents, 12th grade advisors and teachers, leadership team, and alumni
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Highly organized, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Experience in college access work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.