The Noble Network of Charter Schools
AP Calculus and Pre-Calculus Teacher
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Positions available at: Johnson College Prep (AP Calculus)
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
We seek to empower our teachers so that you can serve our students and families with the highest quality instruction. To do this, Noble offers:
- Development and Coaching Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create and deliver backward planned, standards-aligned curriculum
- Provide instruction that is culturally responsive and culturally sustaining
- Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Execute Noble’s Identity Framework with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are safe and supported and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief in our students matters
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a predictable salary schedule and additional opportunities for stipended work. We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an active teaching license, the Noble-sponsored Teacher Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble. Please review our Teacher Preparation Prep Sheet to get ready for your hiring journey.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.