Manager of Alumni Supports
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll. The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Who We're Seeking
The Manager of Alumni Supports overlooks initiatives and programming that will drive college success. Across Noble Schools, 20+ staff are working to support over 23,000 graduates as they persist in college around the country. The Manager of Alumni Supports plans, executes, and facilitates professional development and programming to Noble staff and alumni to improve college outcomes. The Manager of Alumni Supports serves on the College Team at the Noble Support Team and reports to the Director of Alumni Supports to collectively advance our vision of 75% of alumni earning bachelor’s degrees.
This role encompasses the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage Alumni Success Coaches on the Noble Support Team. We will be adding 4 new centralized roles on the Noble Support Team that will be serving alumni who graduated from campuses around the network. These roles would report to the Manager of Alumni Supports, who would provide them with guidance, coaching, support, and direct management.
- Support Noble campus-based alumni teams. Each of the 17 Noble High School campuses have at least one person on staff whose primary role is to support alumni in college. These staff members at the campuses would continue to report to the leadership at their campuses. The Manager of Alumni Supports would help provide guidance to campus-based alumni staff about day-to-day activities and the overall strategy of their work. Additionally, they would help campus leadership with the systems needed to effectively manage their alumni teams.
- Scholarship and Grant Support: Will collaborate with Director of Alumni Supports to manage current scholarships and grants to improve college outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be results oriented, data focused, and have remarkable communication and coaching skills. The candidate should also have experience leading a team to success. An advanced degree and possessing a sense of humor is a plus. Other desirable qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience working in a high functioning, fast-paced organization
- Industry knowledge and experience in college access and success
- Unwavering commitment to Noble's mission of preparing students for college success and the firm belief in the potential of every student
- Visible and deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders
- A track record of aggressively delivering measurable results and strong self-management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Position requires some travel: candidate must be willing and able to visit alumni on college campuses
- Applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required
Apply via Jobvite. Please submit one document combining your resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in the role and how your experience will provide success in the manager role. We will prioritize candidates who apply by Friday, June 24 and review on a rolling basis. Estimated start date for this position is August 1st, 2022.
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.