The Noble Network of Charter Schools
College Counselor/Seminar Teacher
Positions available at Baker College Prep.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
We know teaching is hard, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create curriculum that is backwards planned from college enrollment timeline and network goals
- Design and implement assessments and benchmarks that measure progress towards goal
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Support students in creating ambitious college lists, writing personal essays, and submitting thorough applications before early action due dates
- Complete FAFSA, CSS Profile, and other financial verification forms with students and parents by due dates
- Review financial aid letters with students and parents
- Manage a caseload of students in addition to being a teacher of record for college seminar class
- Coordinate college visits for all grade-levels
- Host college representatives for informational sessions
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to, students, parents, 12th grade advisors and teachers, leadership team
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Highly organized, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Experience as a full-time teacher
- Experience in college access work
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.