Part-Time Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Positions available at: Gary Comer College Prep
The Facilities Maintenance Specialist must be an enthusiastic partner in maintaining the optimal learning environment for Noble students. The focus of all Noble staff is to create and maintain an environment that encourages and enhances the educational experience for every student. We take the safety and well-being of our occupants seriously and strive to provide suitable environments for all members of the Noble community.
Under the supervision of the school principal and their designated representative and in cooperation with the Noble Network Facilities and Construction Department, the Facilities Maintenance Specialist must take enormous pride in and assume responsibility for, the physical condition, functionality, appearance, and safety of the entire property.
- Deliver courteous, professional, and skillful facility support with no exceptions or excuses
- Be self-directed and identify building challenges before being told to do so
- Maintains and ensures the proper operation of the building’s AV equipment, sound systems, copiers and printers. Repairs and assembles fixtures and equipment as assigned
- Helps maintain the building’s HVAC, plumbing, and utilities and safety systems as assigned
- Maintains and ensures the inventory of all of the school’s classroom equipment including, but not limited to, desktops and laptop computers and carts are current
- Prepares facility for daily operations as needed (e.g. unlocking doors, sweeping/mopping, removing snow, etc.)
- Removes graffiti from all surfaces inside and outside the campus and around the campus’s grounds
- Performs snow and ice removal all around the school by shoveling, using snow blowers, and spreading de-icing materials as needed
- Removes all food garbage from the cafeteria to waste receptacles outside, replace liners and keep garbage cans and gondolas clean and odor-free
- Arranges furnishings and equipment in preparation for meetings, classroom activities, and other events
- Secures facility and grounds as needed, (e.g., lock doors, turn out lights, etc.) to minimize property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability to the campus
- Responds to and reports immediate safety and/or operational concerns. Does with enthusiasm and respect for the needs of all school staff and students
- Puts safety first and use proper protective equipment at all times
- Maintains a professional appearance, demeanor, and work ethic
- Possesses the ability to lift, carry, and maneuver heavy equipment willingly and often
- Reports and communicates efficiently with administrators, supervisors, and Noble Network staff via phone and email
- A high school diploma, GED
- Ability to read and write in English
- 5-7 continuous years of engineering or recent military experience
- High-quality communication skills (written and verbal)
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to multi-task, rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- The belief that process is important but people are more important
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.