World Languages Teacher
Position Available at:
- Rauner College Prep-Spanish-All Grade levels
- Johnson College Prep-Spanish-11th&12th Grades
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create curriculum that is backwards planned from state or national standards
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Provide instruction that is culturally responsive and culturally sustaining
- Create lessons and assessments that provide opportunities to practice speaking, writing, and reading skills
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Execute Noble’s Identity Framework with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are safe and supported and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work. We offer a predictable salary schedule for teachers, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an in use teaching license, the Noble Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.