Music Teacher Leave (Dec-March)
Positions available at: Chicago Bulls College Prep (Leave-Starts 12/06/2021-Ends early to mid March end date.)
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
We seek to empower our teachers so that you can serve our students and families with the highest quality instruction.To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: Development and Coaching Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Create or execute curriculum that is backwards planned from academic standards
- Provide instruction that is culturally responsive and culturally sustaining
- Use data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are safe and supported and empowered to grow academically
- Administer the school’s band program
- Design and implement long term, unit, and lesson plans
- Organize musical programs for school events
- Utilize data from in class and Network-wide formative and summative assessments to drive instruction and intervention, and
- Exemplify Noble’s Core Values in the work they do.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an in use teaching license, the Noble-sponsored Teacher Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble. Please review our Teacher Preparation Prep Sheet to get ready for your hiring journey.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.