Certified School Nurse
Note: This position starts August, 2022.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
The Certified School Nurse position is housed under the Noble Network’s Academic Student Service’s Team. The Student Service’s team provides leanly operated and service-obsessed supports so that Noble campuses can do the work that matters most: supporting and achieving results for students.
Noble Network Related Service Providers support campuses’ special education teams. Some of the key operational functions include collaborating with campus case managers and other Related Service Providers, interpreting medical reports, supporting multiple campus sites, being flexible, writing and supporting IEPs and 504 plans, and maintaining compliance.
The Certified Service Nurse will report to Noble’s Senior Director of Student Services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate screenings in vision, hearing, etc. with CPS
- Provide campus support with medicine distribution and logging
- Serve as a collaborator on the campus crisis team(s); typical caseload is 4 campuses.
- An active member of each campus' Student Services team who completes documents for eligibility, IEP and 504 plan meetings in a timely fashion.
- Complete health assessments and health history reports consistent with the recommendations of the IEP team or as required for any 504 plans.
- Maintain accurate records and compliance in addition to meeting the direct and indirect needs of students with medical needs
- Create and support health action plans for students with diabetes, asthma, and allergies
- Maintain cumulative health records alongside office staff and identify any missing information.
- Provide health counseling to students’ concerns such as pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, substance abuse, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between CPS, ISBE, CDC, and the Noble Network regarding health related policies, procedures, compliance requirements, etc.
- Interact frequently and professionally with staff, parents, students, instructors, and other related service providers
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- Other duties as assigned.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school & college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- BSN Degree
- Illinois School Nurse Certification (Type 73)
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standards
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.