The Noble Network of Charter Schools
School Social Work Intern
All applicants must be currently enrolled in a MSW program.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Use data to identify the highest-need areas for support at your school
- Create interventions and supports that support students’ academic success
- Run one-on-one and small-group interventions to meet all student needs
- Advocate for students and collaborate with student support team: special education case manager, culture team, teachers, and student advisor
- Research and refer students to community resources
- Support School Social worker in adhering to IEP goals and objectives
- Contribute to and enhance the positive learning environment at your school
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Actively enrolled in MSW program
- Pursuing Professional Educators License (PEL) with Social Work endorsement preferred
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.