The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Noble opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing low-income students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives, and to serve as a catalyst for education reform in Chicago. By making college a reality for our students, Noble is committed to changing the trajectory of the lives of our students and impacting their families for generations to come. Noble’s 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. One hundred percent of Noble students are accepted into college and over 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,000 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Always innovating, The Noble Network is seeking a HR Administrator who is ready to join the next phase of the human resources team which is dedicated to continuous improvement. The HR Administrator reports to the Assistant Director of HR and is a key part of the human resources team that is charged with making Noble the best place for talent to join, be great for kids, and be happy.
The HR Administrator is responsible for administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations with direct management from the Assistant Director of Human Resources and mentorship from HR Partners.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Under direction of the Assistant Director of HR, assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the HR Team with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits and leaves administration
- Manages general Human Resources email account and serves as a trusted resource who is available to employees to answer questions and escalate matters.
- Assists with payroll administration
- Assists with Worker’s Compensation administration
- Supports HR Team with Employee Relations administration
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Education and Experience
- PHR certification preferred.
- Experience in HR or payroll setting preferred.
- Proficient experience with HRIS Systems (specifically Ceridian/Dayforce) preferred.
- 2-3 year’s experience with inbound customer service professional duties preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior ability to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google products.
- Self-motivated to seek out and incorporate feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Frequent sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Frequent reading, comprehension, writing, and verbal communication.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Local travel to various campuses is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Noble provides competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k retirement plan, and paid time off.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.