Special Education Teacher--$5000 signing bonus
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.Position Available at:
- Speer Academy
- Chicago Bulls College Prep
- Butler College Prep
- Golder College Prep
- Gary Comer College Prep
- Gary Comer Middle School
- Mansueto High School
- UIC College Prep
- Noble Street College Prep
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Special Education teachers are responsible for cultivating a community of learners in which diversity of thought is celebrated and results are achieved across all ability levels. Noble Special Education teachers provide individualized opportunities for students to practice the skills and habits necessary to be successful in school. Learning Specialists will provide support in a variety of classroom models including instructional, pull-out, push-in, and co-taught.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Advocate for and champion diverse learners, ensuring their growth and preparing them for post-secondary success
- Accommodate and modify curriculum to meet student needs and support access to the general education curriculum for students in co-taught settings
- Create, accommodate, and modify curriculum to align to IEP goals
- Provide instruction that is culturally responsive and culturally sustaining
- Use data to refine lessons and inform instructional practices
- Develop IEP goals and objectives that address students’ needs and progress monitor progress
- Design, implement, and support behavior management plans
- Execute Noble’s Identity Framework with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are safe and supported and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Illinois Professional Educators License (PEL) with Learning Behavior Specialist 1 endorsement (LBS1)
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an in use teaching license, the Noble-sponsored Teacher Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble. Please review our Teacher Preparation Prep Sheet to get ready for your hiring journey. Additionally, successful candidates will receive a $5,000 signing bonus.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.