The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Earn your Masters of Arts in Teaching and earn an Illinois Teaching License in Special Education, Math, Biology, or Chemistry.
Who We're Seeking
Teaching at Noble is ideal for individuals motivated by the certainty that all of their students can and will succeed, eager for the autonomy to design the vision and content of their classrooms, and rooted in the desire to continuously improve their instruction through data. The Noble-Relay Teaching Residency is for individuals who want to enter the teaching profession, and are looking for the support, training, and feedback required in becoming a highly effective teacher. Our teaching residents join a selective cohort of diverse and talented future teachers committed to educational justice.
The Noble-Relay Teacher Residency offers a supportive, effective, and affordable path to a meaningful career. In partnership with the Relay Graduate School of Education, this teacher preparation program offers the opportunity to earn an Illinois teaching license and complete a master’s degree in just two years while you work alongside experts at a Noble school. This program is thoughtfully designed to provide extra support to develop your skills. Over the course of the program, you will build your teaching skills with guidance from your Relay professors and a designated mentor at your school. Throughout your first year as a teaching resident, you’ll gradually gain responsibility leading small groups of students through lessons until you are ready to instruct a whole class! With demonstrated readiness, you’ll assume increased teaching responsibility during your second year. Upon completion of the program you will graduate with a Master’s degree and an Illinois teaching license.
- Admittance and enrollment into Relay Graduate School of Education
- Pass required state content exams
- A Bachelor’s degree by June 2020
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0
- No current Illinois teaching license
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Full salary and benefits
- Full reimbursement of testing costs
- Guidance in the application and testing process
- A designated Resident Advisor that serves as a formal mentor at your school
- Subsidized graduate school tuition to Relay, with year one tuition fully covered
- Upon successful program completion, earn a Master’s degree and Illinois teaching license from an accredited national nonprofit institution of higher education
- A structured, gradual, and promising path to a teaching job at one of the nation’s highest-performing school networks.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.