Accounts Payable Specialist
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
An Accounts Payable Specialist in the Finance Department will be the liaison for 7 to 9 campuses, departments and responsible for reporting, verifying compliance with policy, and ensuring timely payment to Noble vendors. Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Operations, the Accounts Payable Specialist will work closely with other staff in the Finance Department.
Key Job Responsibilities
Accountable for the accounts payable function for 7-9 campuses and departments including, but not limited to, the following:
- Process invoices and check requests by reviewing in Webinvoicing (Blackbaud application) or entering into accounting software. For each request, the accounts payable associate:
- Verify compliance with financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Verify appropriate account coding and enter general ledger entries for reclassifications as requested
- Route invoices for approvals and confirms appropriate authorization has been obtained for payment
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Process credit card transactions as follows:
- Verify compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Verify account coding and completeness of required documentation
- Confirm appropriate authorization has been obtained
- Act as liaison for assigned campuses with regard to all vendor, staff reimbursement, and credit card issues
- Run ad hoc reports for campuses related to payables and spending to date
- Manage weekly check printing and messenger service to campuses
- Assist in month-end closing
- Act as backup to other Finance staff
- Perform other duties or ad hoc reporting as required
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Undergraduate degree, accounting preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
Ideal Candidate Traits
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Independent worker
- Comfortable working with multiple online applications
- Experience with invoice workflow systems (i.e. FE Webinvoicing)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Noble has a top-of-market medical, dental, and vision benefits package among a multitude of other perks that make Noble one of the highest-rated places to work in K-12 education in the country.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.