The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Academic Operations
Be Noble. Be a Manager of Academic Operations at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Noble’s continued improvement relies on our ability to protect and promote a culture of innovation. Whatever the speed or model of growth, we aim to create an environment where campuses can continue to challenge and redefine the “traditional” Noble model; create an environment where our principals have the autonomy to redefine classrooms, rethink the use of space, time, resources, etc.; an environment where principals have the ability to introduce and test new ideas, curriculum, and instruction.
In a highly autonomous model, what is the role of Noble’s academic department in promoting a culture of innovation and continuous improvement? To date, the academic department has aimed to encourage the constant improvement of our model by 1) measuring campus impact through quality assessments, 2) providing transparent, simple, actionable data, 3) promoting a healthy balance of quality collaboration and competition, 4) overseeing the Distinguished Teacher program and process to recognize and honor Noble’s most effective and innovative teachers, 5) providing centralized training on The Noble Classroom tenets to our teachers and leaders to ensure we continue to be a leading example in the fight for quality education for all students.Who We're Seeking
We are seeking a Manager of Academic Operations that will report to and work closely with our Director of Academics to oversee the operational and logistical components of the Academics Team. Specifically, the Manager of Academic Operations will oversee the logistical aspects of the Distinguished Teacher program for 70% of their time and support general Academic Team logistical needs the other 30% of their time. Through a teacher-initiated application and selection process, Distinguished Teacher aims to identify, recognize, and reward a select group of Noble teachers who have achieved exceptional results for students at Noble for at least three years and during that time have exemplified the five key questions laid out in the Distinguished Teacher framework. Furthermore, the Distinguished Teachers themselves, along with the work happening in their classrooms, will serve to inform teacher development and support at Noble moving forward - raising our collective impact on the students we serve.
The Manager of Academic Operations’ work includes, but is not limited to, fulfilling deadlines to support the DT application process, scheduling DT observations and panel interviews, seeking out external content-specific reviewers, communicating with the DT review team as well as DT candidates, reserving space for trainings and panel interviews, and supporting with logistical needs for Network Collaboration, Noble Baseline Curriculum, and assessment.
Key Network Responsibilities
- Distinguished Teacher: Oversee the execution of deadlines for the DT application process, observation scheduling, panel interview scheduling, communication with DT applicants and the review team, and the overall logistics of the program.
- Network Collaboration Days: Assist with copies and signage for Network Quarterly Collaboration Days in addition to communicating with food services and leading overall day logistics.
- Assessment: Assist with assessment creation in Mastery Manager, assessment review, and general logistical needs for quarterly interims.
- Curriculum: Organize and assist in standardizing Noble’s Baseline Curriculum.
Candidate Qualifications & Ideal Traits
- A background in K-12 education with a history of academic achievement for students is preferred
- A general relentless results-orientation and proven achievement in an operations setting
- Ability to create structures out of ambiguity
- Ability to adapt in the face of changing circumstances
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus
- Exemplary project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency with Excel
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, we strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to in-person counseling services
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!