Varsity Boys Basketball Assistant Coach
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Golder College Prep Athletics
At Golder College Prep, athletics are a crucial part of the student experience. Providing access to an enriching athletic program ensures that our students have a well-rounded, positive, and memorable educational experience. Golder College Prep competes in the Illinois High School Association, the Noble League, and the Chicago Public League in various sports. This document outlines specific job expectations and performance criteria as they relate to the Athletic Director role and responsibilities.
Coaches will work with the Athletic Director and campus leadership to establish a reputable, high-functioning, education-based program that enhances the student and family experience and supports the mission of Golder College Prep and Noble Schools. The Head Coach will also be a leader and a model for our student-athletes in upholding Noble’s Core Values and Anti-Racism Commitment. The Head Coach will develop systems of communication, development, and monitoring of:
- Noble Core Values
- Intentional sportsmanship by student-athletes
- Team practice and academic structures that set students up for success
- Positive game experiences for students, families, and coaches
- Pristine compliance with all IHSA, CPS, and Noble League guidelines.
- Internal and external significance for students and staff
The Head Coach’s responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Create a vision of excellence for the program
- Create a system of communication for coaches, student-athletes, and families
- Meet all required IHSA, CPS, and Noble League compliance requirements including coach certifications
- Ensure all assistant coaches are fully certified and have completed background checks prior to interaction with students
- Ensure that the program is following Noble Staff Handbook guidelines
- Provide consistent and appropriate communication to students and families
- Provide a valuable student-experience to all participants
- Communicate with game officials in a respectful manner
- Monitor team travel to and from contests
- Create and maintain high standards for team presentation on bench and sidelines
- Follow the coaching dress code as outlines in the Noble Staff Handbook
- Work with Athletic Director to maintain program budget
- Coordinate with Athletic Director and campus leadership on practice scheduling and facility usage.
- Coordinate with Noble League and Athletic Director on game scheduling
- Communicate the IHSA mandated weekly eligibility report to student-athletes
Skills and Competencies
The ideal Head Coach will be effective in the following areas:
- Interpersonal communication: communicate - orally, virtually, and written - with staff, students, and families
- Efficiency: organize and manage practice and game schedules that ste students up for success
- Technical: create, manage, and enhance excel and google spreadsheets for monitoring data, scheduling, and rosters.
- Timeliness: meet deadlines for compliance and communication
- Leadership: lead students as an educator through our vision for athletics
- Growth: exhibit a growth-mindset for personal and team development and success