Network Long-Term Substitute Teacher
For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
This is a full-time, long-term substitute teaching role with benefits. Network long-term substitutes support parental leave coverage for various classrooms around our network of 18 campuses and fulfill administrative duties (office support, culture team support) as needed. Each parental leave coverage varies, but substitutes can expect assigned coverage duties to range from 4 weeks to a semester in length. When not in a long term subbing role, this person is available to travel and substitute on an on-call basis or support with central office administrative needs. We are seeking applicants who can start as soon as mid-August 2021.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Classroom Culture: Reinforce and execute the Noble Community Pact and classroom values established by the instructor and students, thus ensuring that all students feel safe, supported, and empowered to grow academically and social-emotionally. Reinforce a culturally responsive and sustaining classroom culture.
- Planning & Assessing: Proactively analyze and internalize lesson plans, lesson questions, and criteria for success to check for understanding and assess student learning throughout the lesson.
- Organization: Organize lesson materials and provide the teacher of record with the necessary information to follow up on learning objectives and social emotional support upon their return.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, career, and lead exemplary choice-filled lives
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- Proven record of exemplifying Noble’s core values: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Respect, Results, Follow-Through, Humility and Self-Awareness
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Professional Education License preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an in use teaching license, the Noble-sponsored Teacher Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.