The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Alumni Coordinator - Gary Comer College Prep
Positions available at Gary Comer College Prep
Be Noble. Be an Alumni Coordinator at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 campuses currently serve over 12,000 students, of whom 98% are minority, 87% are low-income, and 82% are first-generation college goers. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students for success in college. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We're Seeking
Alumni Coordinators are responsible for providing personalized guidance and support to our graduates while they are in college, with the objective of improving persistence and college graduation. The AC builds and maintains meaningful student relationships, develops a strong knowledge of on-campus student support services, and leverages quantitative and qualitative data from our alumni to help refine the campus’s college readiness program. The AC needs to have strong academic coaching experience and ability to equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college.Our Alumni Coordinators are expected to:
- Counsel and support a caseload of GCCP Alumni as they navigate post-secondary college and career pathways in the areas of academic progress, financial aid, motivation and accountability, and professional development, often through one-on-one meetings, including:
- Analysis of progress data toward goals for your caseload
- Monitoring and check in with students regularly to ensure academic progress
- Ensuring students are on track to continue receiving financial aid
- Developing student navigation abilities by teaching students to become self-directed and set goals, plan their time, and hold themselves accountable
- Manage multiple deadlines and key action items for alumni
- With the Alumni Career Office, create and deliver resources for professional and career development
- Travel to meet with alumni on campus at highly attended or high priority universities
- Maintain/update alumni wall space at Gary Comer College Prep.
- Serve as main point of contact for alumni returning to GCCP and for any necessary documentation alumni require
- Support school-wide college events and initiatives, including, but not limited to college admissions rep visits, career events and programming, parent nights, financial aid process support, pre-college lessons and program applications, and college visits
- Works directly with students applying for/receiving Last Dollar scholarships. Prepares the scholarship application .process and ensures broad promotion of the scholarship application period throughout the campus and greater community
- Work in collaboration with the Noble Network Support Team to monitor and prepare scholarship projections and accurate expenditure reports of all scholarship funds awarded to students
Above all else, Noble Alumni Coordinators must equip and empower alumni with the skills and knowledge to overcome educational barriers, persist, and graduate from college.
Noble Quality Non-negotiables
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- A bachelor’s degree
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What Noble has to Offer
A Focus on Learning: You are empowered to design your course in the way you think will best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. All classes start on time and are never interrupted with announcements, copy rooms are stockpiled with paper, and over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and teams of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment and extended learning options such as night and summer school courses and internship opportunities.
Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, and we welcome the accountability necessary to achieve excellence. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
A Range of Benefits:We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Our robust and ever-evolving set of benefits includes:
- Health & Wellness:
- A predictable salary schedule with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to a licensed social worker and 3 in-person counseling services
- Professional Development and Recognition Opportunities:
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
- Distinguished Teacher, a program to recognize and reward excellence in the classroom
- Instructional development series aligned to The Noble Classroomframework, including Foundations and Rigor training
At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!