The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Dean of Student Experience & Data
Positions available at Rauner College Prep, Baker College Prep, UIC College Prep, and Mansueto High School.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Leading a school is difficult work, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student learning by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- A Focus on Learning: Teachers are empowered to design their courses to best achieve results for students. Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. Copy rooms are stockpiled with paper. Classes are rarely interrupted with announcements or special events. Over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
This position is primarily responsible for student retention and promotion via data systems creation, data analysis, program management, and student support. The role is also known as Dean of Students.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Data Management
- Create and maintain a school-wide 9th-12th Grade promotion tracker; share school-wide promotion tracker with pre-identified trends and areas of focus at a bi-weekly cadence
- Create student and staff master schedules; coordinate with Dean of Operations and Grade-Level Deans
- Ensure up-to-date accurate transcripts
- Student Support
- Lead MTSS school-wide interventions and strategies; communicate with and support teachers and advisors in planning tier one interventions
- Develop grade-level specific interventions that support scholars who are academically off-track or whose attendance is off-track
- Supports AP of Student Supports with all school events (culture, pride)
- Project Management
- Create strategy for community service and enrichment offerings, manage student process, and execute data recording procedures
- Organize and execute Report Card Pickup, Night School, and Summer School
- Plan and execute special events, such as Awards Assesmblies and Town Halls
- Manage advisory program
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school & college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Experience creating and managing data tracking systems in excel
- Project management experience
- Master scheduler experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Active Illinois Teaching License preferred, not required
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.