For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
The Communications Intern is a temporary position that works as part of the Public Affairs team to share Noble stories with relentless passion. Ths Communications intern will assist the Communications Team with tracking creative campaigns, supporting Communications initiatives, and general support for the Public Affairs team.
Noble’s core working hours are 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The hours of this position will total 20 hours every week with the potential for overtime. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship can be completed both remotely and in-office at 1 North State Street 15th Floor.
- Maintain communications dashboards with current data
- Track and analyze media (paid, earned, and owned) reach through various reporting tools
- Track and manage social media inboxes and replies to campaigns
- Update team project management system with campaign plans
- Serve as support for Communications team initiatives
- Creating best-in-class materials for support of the above objectives
Qualifications and Experience:
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- Enrolled in an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university; preferred sophomore or junior.
- Proficient in Google applications - Sheets, Forms, Docs, Slides, and Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Experience with Google Analytics, MailChimp, WordPress preferred
- Majoring in communications, marketing, journalism, advertising, psychology, public policy, public administration, urban studies, or related degree
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can bring new ideas to the table
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently and deal with ambiguity
- Experience with using different social media platforms/pages (preferred)
- Bilingual - Spanish (Preferred)
Start Date: November 2021, exact start date flexible
End Date: August 2022, exact end date flexible
Applications will be processed and reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply early!
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.