Noble Daycare Preschool Teacher
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
An infant teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily routines of the infant room, for engaging infants in developmental activities, and ensuring the safety of all infants by performing the following duties.
- Greets children and parents/guardians in a professional and enthusiastic manner each day.
- Maintains a happy, sanitary and relaxed atmosphere in the toddler room by following daily procedures and routines.
- Prepares, executes and discusses toddler routines with parents/guardians to meet individual needs.
- Attends Wednesday curriculum meeting and is prepared to share ideas.
- Attends weekly team meetings (Fridays) and is prepared to discuss children’s needs.
- Plans individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Participates in daily outdoor walks to the park with the toddlers (weather permitting and feel like temperature of 32 degrees or above).
- Provide lesson plans on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with other classroom teachers in a team-teaching atmosphere and shares pertinent information, suggestions, and ideas on a regular basis.
- Interacts with children through instructional methods to include play, music, arts and crafts, reading, writing, computer, and physical activities.
- Teaches children appropriate toddler curriculum including but not limited to the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, and hand washing.
- Develops and maintains a positive and confidential relationship with the parents of every child, including thorough communication about the program and each child’s progress.
- Changes toddler diapers or clothes as needed, adhering to always appropriate diapering procedures to assure the cleanliness of work areas and proper disposal of diapers.
- Prepare and execute nap time routine to include creating a relaxing environment for the toddlers.
- Follows the Guidance Approach to Discipline when addressing children’s behaviors.
- Maintains documentation on Brightwheel of each child's daily activities to include but not limited to diapering, feeding and sleeping habits.
- Follow all Professional Responsibilities outlined in Employee Handbook.
Skills and Characteristics
- A deep-rooted passion for Noble’s mission and work in Chicago. A desire to work with highly talented, smart people who are passionate about Noble’s mission.
- An exemplary embodiment of Noble’s core values of results; respect; follow-through; diversity, equity, and inclusion; humility and self-awareness.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Pay is hourly between $16.80- $18.00 per hour plus benefits.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.