The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Be Noble. Be a Communications Associate at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We’re Seeking
Noble Communications team is full of storytellers. We share Noble stories with relentless passion, leading families to entrust us with their children and rally the best educators in the world to join our cause. We are looking for a Communications Associate who will use an integrated approach to content development, storytelling, planning, and measurement. The Communications Associate, reporting to the Director of Communications, will work closely with leads at all 18 Noble campuses and from various teams across the network to develop creative story ideas and execute campaigns across multiple channels including earned, owned and paid media. This person must operate well in a fast-paced environment, uphold the highest standard of professionalism, be impressively organized, and able to prioritize time across multiple immediate and long-term projects.
This is an immediate, full-time position with expected start date no later than April 2020.
- Create, execute, and report on campaigns and newsletters to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and own the strategy for Noble’s blog, including collaborating with campus leads to develop stories and collect content
- Draft press releases and media advisories
- Collaborate in the development of Noble’s creative assets including:
- Flyers, posters, signage, other printed materials, digital newsletters, and emails.
- Create simple web-based graphics for social media campaigns using Canva or InDesign
- Track and analyze media (paid, earned, and owned) reach through various reporting tools
Ideal Candidate Experience and Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Prior experience in a K-12 setting and/or minimum of two years of communications, marketing or graphic design experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and think strategically
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Highly motivated, energetic, resourceful, and proactive
- Superior attention to details to meet brand guidelines, marketing standards, and organizational voice
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop, and Canva as well as a strong foundation in visual design principles
- Track record of effectively using social media to amplify content
- Photography or videography and editing skills
- A positive attitude and sense of possibility
- Deep self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
If interested, candidates can apply directly at www.nobleschools.org/careers. Please be prepared to submit a resume, at least 3 references, and short answer questions. Please direct inquiries about this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.