Head Coach (Multiple Sports)
Position Available at:
- Golder College Prep-Football-Head Coach
- The Noble Academy-Football-Head Coach
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Coaching at Noble
At Noble, athletics are a crucial part of the student experience. Providing access to an enriching athletic program ensures that our students have a well-rounded, positive, and memorable educational experience. Campuses compete in the Illinois High School Association, the Noble League, and the Chicago Public League in various sports. This document outlines specific job expectations and performance criteria as they relate to the Athletic Director role and responsibilities.
The Head Coach will work with the Athletic Director and campus leadership to establish a reputable, high-functioning, education-based program that enhances the student and family experience and supports the mission of (Noble Campus) and Noble Schools. The Head Coach will also be a leader and a model for our student-athletes in upholding Noble’s Core Values and Anti-Racism Commitment. The Head Coach will develop systems of communication, development, and monitoring of:
Noble Core Values
- Intentional sportsmanship by student-athletes
- Team practice and academic structures that set students up for success
- Positive game experiences for students, families, and coaches
- Pristine compliance with all IHSA, CPS, and Noble League guidelines.
- Internal and external significance for students and staff
The Head Coach’s responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Create a vision of excellence for the program
- Create a system of communication for coaches, student-athletes, and families
- Meet all required IHSA, CPS, and Noble League compliance requirements including coach certifications
- Ensure all assistant coaches are fully certified and have completed background checks prior to interaction with students
- Ensure that the program is following Noble Staff Handbook guidelines
- Provide consistent and appropriate communication to students and families
- Provide a valuable student-experience to all participants
- Communicate with game officials in a respectful manner
- Monitor team travel to and from contests
- Create and maintain high standards for team presentation on bench and sidelines
- Follow the coaching dress code as outlines in the Noble Staff Handbook
- Work with Athletic Director to maintain program budget
- Coordinate with Athletic Director and campus leadership on practice scheduling and facility usage.
- Coordinate with Noble League and Athletic Director on game scheduling
- Communicate the IHSA mandated weekly eligibility report to student-athletes
Skills and Competencies
The ideal Head Coach will be effective in the following areas:
- Interpersonal communication: communicate - orally, virtually, and written - with staff, students, and families
- Efficiency: organize and manage practice and game schedules that set students up for success
- Technical: create, manage, and enhance excel and google spreadsheets for monitoring data, scheduling, and rosters.
- Timeliness: meet deadlines for compliance and communication
- Leadership: lead students as an educator through our vision for athletics
- Growth: exhibit a growth-mindset for personal and team development and success
Compensation & Benefits
Coaches are eligible for coaching stipends, which will be paid out at the end of the season. It is preferred though not required that interested applicants apply for full time positions at a Noble school as well.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.