The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Greet families and other guests to our school, serving as the first point of service-focused contact in our buildings
- Answer phones, reply to emails, sort incoming mail, process outgoing mail to students and families, and handle all communication flowing through the main office
- Reach out to families for a variety of reasons including records updates, key announcements, and billing issues
- Handle most student form intake including enrollment, registration, health documentation, and other school-related paperwork
- Actively contribute to the overall well-being of the school, seeking new opportunities to enhance the Main Office and Operations Teams in a variety of ways, e.g., updating processes and procedures
- Assist with new staff check-in and on-boarding, staff check-outs and collection of Noble property
- Serve as an active member of student recruitment and enrollment efforts including reaching out to potentially interested families when required
- Work with students directly, including occasional supervision duties, as needed
- Sell school uniforms, collect school fees, and ensure proper record keeping related to purchases and intake of fees
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, impeccable follow through and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Excellent customer service skills, including an outwardly friendly demeanor
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelors degree preferred
Given the importance of our support staff to the success of our schools, Noble offers among the top hourly rates of any schools in the Chicagoland area. Starting compensation is based on degree attainment and work experience.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.