The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Be Noble. Be a PowerSchool Administrator at Noble.
Who We're Seeking
Noble is looking for a PowerSchool Administrator to join our Network Support Team (NST) —a team dedicated to providing world-class service via data to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Director of Data and Innovation and will work within the NST Data Team. The PowerSchool Administrator is accountable for providing Noble staff with world-class support for Noble’s student information system, PowerSchool.
- System Administration: The PowerSchool Administrator will be the primary administrator of our student information system, PowerSchool. They will be responsible for maintaining the health and integrity of PowerSchool. This will involve troubleshooting issues within the system, managing software/database updates and working with PowerSchool support and other vendors to resolve any issues that arise.
- Campus Support: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for responding to and resolving support tickets put in by campus staff with regards to PowerSchool. They will be expected to work with campuses to improve our ability to store data and improve campus efficiency. This may also include working with our software developers to integrate tools such as Google Sheets or Python scripts to improve processes.
- Student Data Reporting and Quality: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for reporting data to external entities, such as CPS and ISBE. The Administrator will use multiple data manipulation and cleaning techniques to improve the quality of data being entered into PowerSchool and CPS systems for students.
- Project & Support Ticket Overflow: There may be opportunities for PowerSchool Administrator to provide assistance with support ticket overflow as a member of the data team. As new projects arise, the PowerSchool Administrator may be assigned areas of responsibility outside the scope of the responsibilities defined above.
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The PowerSchool Administrator is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
Technical Skills - Required
- Experience administering a student information system, preferably PowerSchool
- Comfortable using and manipulating spreadsheets
- 1+ years of experience with SQL queries
Technical Skills - Ideal
- Experience with PowerSchool’s Oracle back-end and data model
- Experience with PowerSchool page customization features
- Experience with Google Sheets
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with data analysis whether descriptive or predictive in nature
Ideal Traits & Experiences
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong evidence of supporting a large and technically diverse group of clients in previous roles is expected
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Emotional intelligence (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Deep understanding of FERPA and ISSRA as well as experience with designing and maintaining group permissions
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.