The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Selection & Hiring
Be Noble. Be the Manager of Hiring & Selection at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We’re Seeking
Noble’s Talent Team finds the best talent in the nation to ensure that all of our students have an excellent educational experience. We are looking for a Manager of Selection & Hiring who will support campus hiring managers with the selection and hiring for 250+ roles each year across teaching, leading, and support staff positions. This person must operate well in a fast-paced environment, uphold the highest standard of professionalism, be impressively organized and detail-oriented, and able to prioritize time across multiple immediate and long-term projects.
This is a full-time position with an expected start date no later than September 2020. This is a management position that has two direct reports. The Manager of Selection & Hiring will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition. The Manager of Selection & Hiring will focus on campus and candidate support, while the Director of Talent Acquisition will focus on recruitment strategies and managing/developing the overall Talent Acquisition team.
- Support the development and execution of a hiring strategic plan with the primary goal of filling 100% of teaching, leadership, and support staff roles with quality hires each year
- Continuously improve team systems, structures, and processes to ensure equitable hiring outcomes
- Create and monitor hiring processes (for candidates and hiring managers) to ensure a best-in-class candidate experience and strong hiring metrics and acceptance rates
- Train and develop campus and Noble Support Team hiring managers in robust hiring best practices to eliminate bias/subjectivity in selection
- Manage in-season and historical Talent Team data within our ATS (Jobvite) and other platforms (Google Sheets, Tableau)
- Lead logistics of all non-standard hiring events (e.g. Noble Schools Career Fair, campus/content hiring days)
- Bring a sense of optimism, awareness, and tenacity every day to a team that is driven by providing all of our students with the best teachers and leaders
- Contribute to other Talent Team initiatives/projects as needed
Ideal Candidate Experience and Traits
- A minimum of two years of talent acquisition experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a K-12 setting, with charter experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and evidence of stakeholder management
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, and/or other data visualization and analysis tools
- An extreme attention to detail and love of process development/improvement
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and resourcefulness
- A positive attitude, initiative, and a sense of possibility
- Deep self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Noble has a top-of-market medical, dental, and vision benefits package among a multitude of other perks that make Noble one of the highest-rated places to work in K-12 education in the country.
If interested, candidates can apply directly at www.nobleschools.org/careers. Please be prepared to submit a resume, at least 4 references, and short answer questions. Please direct inquiries about this role to email@example.com. Invitations to interviews for this position will be sent the week of July 13.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.