For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Positions available at: ITW David Speer Academy
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with the enrollment point on home language survey completion for new-to-district scholars
- Administer the required English proficiency screener (W-APT) and enter scores into SIM/IMPACT
- Maintain/create EL files and records that meet ISBE audit requirements
- Complete CPS OLCE requests for information associated with funding and program support
- Update EL profiles on SIM/IMPACT
- Administer and manage the proctoring of the ACCESS test
- Coordinate the distribution of SIM/IMPACT notices to parents.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for your academic subject
- Proven commitment to serving students of color and contributing to anti-racism in practice and disposition
- Bilingual - proficient in both Spanish and English
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Professional Educator License (PEL) required
- English as a Second Language (ESL) endorsement OR Bilingual Education endorsement strongly preferred
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses. Moreover, for professionals who do not currently hold an in use teaching license, the Noble-sponsored Teacher Licensure Program offers a robust set of programs and corresponding financial benefits for teachers to obtain licensure while teaching at Noble.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.