The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Social Worker (Join Our Pipeline!)
MSW and Professional Educators License (PEL) with school social work endorsement is required for this position.
Join Our Social Work Pipeline!
We are fortunate to have filled our known Social Worker openings for this upcoming school year. Based on historical data and the uncertainty of our times, we believe a handful of openings could still occur, and we’d like to invite you to apply should this opportunity arise. We aim to provide our students with the best social workers in the country, and our pipelines are critical for ensuring we are able to provide our students with critical services at the start of the school year.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. At Noble, we have one mission: to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we can fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students.
We know being an excellent social worker is challenging work, so we do what we can to ensure you can focus on student success by removing barriers to being successful. To do this, Noble offers:
- Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
- Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
- Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and a team of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Use data to identify the highest-need areas for support at your school
- Create interventions and supports that support students’ academic success
- Run one-on-one and small-group interventions to meet all student needs
- Advocate for students and collaborate with student support team: special education case manager, culture team, teachers, and student advisor
- Research and refer students to community resources
- Adhere to IEP goals and objectives
- Contribute to and enhance the positive learning environment at your school
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- MSW and Professional Educators License (PEL) with School Social Work endorsement
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Compensation & Benefits
We strive to be the best place to work, and our employee benefits are thoughtfully designed to support us in this ambition. And we offer a predictable salary schedule with the opportunity for performance bonuses.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.