Teacher at Large / In-House Substitute
Position Available at:
- Chicago Bulls College Prep-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- Baker College Prep-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- The Noble Academy-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- UIC College Prep-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- Golder College Prep-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- Rowe-Clark Math & Science Academy-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
- DRW College Prep-Teacher at Large-All Grade levels
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. Noble supports over 20,000 alumni with 98% of Noble students accepted into college and almost 94% choosing to enroll.
The people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past, we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become an anti-racist organization. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead choice-filled lives - and welcome those ready to join us in that pursuit.
Key Job Responsibilities
- This person would provide short-term, daily substitute teaching for various classes as needed as well as fulfill other administrative duties (e.g. office support, culture team support, test coordination) as needed.
- Execute Noble’s student code of conduct with fidelity in order to create a positive, structured learning environment where students are held to high expectations and empowered to grow academically
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Follow through, attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- An Illinois Substitute Teaching certification is expected, but Noble can assist candidates in securing one
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Compensation & Benefits
Given the importance of our support staff to the success of our schools, Noble offers among the top hourly rates of any schools in the Chicagoland area. Starting compensation is based on degree attainment and work experience.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.