Manager of Curriculum & Instruction
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter schools. Our 18 schools and 1,500 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. Ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city are Noble schools, according to the School Quality and Rating Policy scores released by Chicago Public Schools.
We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
The Manager of Curriculum & Instruction position
Reporting to Noble’s Director of Academics, the Manager of Curriculum & Instruction will support the design and creation of standards-aligned curriculum and instructional leadership development. Coming off a year of reflection and discussion, Noble is currently in the process of reimagining its overall Academic programming in order to better reach its commitment to being an antiracist organization. As such, traditionally, a Network of highly decentralized campuses, Noble is looking to play an increased role in content and instructional development by expanding and/or improving on its offerings of centralized assessment, curriculum, and professional development. As this expansion evolves, the focus of this role may also evolve. However, in SY23, the job responsibilities of this position are described below. Pending budget approval in SY24, the person chosen for this role may opt into a role focused more exclusively within either curriculum or instruction.
- Instructional Leadership Coaching, provides direct coaching to deans of instruction and assistant principals for a caseload of campuses every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Curriculum development and support, manages 3 to 4 Innovation Collective teams to produce curriculum, assessment, and instructional materials aligned to CCSS, NGSS, and CRST. (Innovation Collective is a team of full-time teachers and campus leaders who provide contracted development of curriculum, assessment, and PD resources for the Academics Team).
- Professional Development, creates and facilitates professional development for instructional leaders and staff as needed.
- Distinguished Teacher support, reviews written applications and evaluates classroom observations.
Minimum Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Alignment to Noble’s Core Values and Commitment to Anti-racism
- Relentless commitment to serving our students, families, and their communities
- Expertise in standards-based curriculum design, STEM preferred
- Experience coaching school-based staff in a K-12 environment
- Experience creating and providing professional development to adults
- Ability to adapt to changing needs of our campus communities
- Ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel among Noble’s 18 campuses
Compensation and Benefits
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide top-of-market health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, paid time off in addition to two weeks of winter break, and access to an on-site fitness facility, among a multitude of other perks that make Noble one of the highest-rated places to work in K-12 education in the country.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.