For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
Positions available at: Hansberry College Prep and Muchin College Prep
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,500 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 90% low-income, and 81% first-generation college-goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top twelve public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 98% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 94% choose to enroll, resulting in over 7,600 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree. We as an organization along with the people we hire must have a commitment to being anti-racist in all areas of our organization. In the past we have diligently worked toward pursuing the accomplishments listed above. We plan to use that same determination, innovation, and diligence in our goal to become a anti-racist organization and we’d welcome you to join us.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Greet families and other guests to our school, serving as the first point of service-focused contact in our buildings
- Warmly greeting our community.
- Being friendly, courteous and respectful of our community members– having a positive attitude.
- Educating self/asking questions about school related events in order to share this knowledge.
- Educating self/asking questions about school related procedures in order to share this knowledge.
- Answering questions and enthusiastically and positively helping students, parents, staff and guests find anything they need.
- Operating the front desk in a fun yet efficient manner, being respectful of students, staff, parents and guests' time.
- Promptly getting back to students, staff, parents, or guests who have questions or information that need follow up.
- Being patient and calm.
- Building relationships with students, parents, staff and guests by asking questions about their day, week, short or long term plans.
- Enrich conversations by sharing current news, events, updates.
- Making the school shine - maintain an organized, clean, welcoming, up to date working space and workspace surroundings.
- Working with a sense of urgency within designated time frames.
- Having a goal oriented focus.
- Complete tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Seeking out new assignments and responsibilities.
- Discovering ways to improve processes.
- Detail oriented focus.
- Planning, executing, and adapting to a fast-paced, high performance environment.
- Support students to get to class and clear the hallway.
- Being present/having presence in the hall.
- For applicants who apply after 09/17/21, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical or religious exemption required.
- An unwavering belief that all students can succeed in high school, college, and lead exemplary lives
- Proven track record of ambitious results in previous roles
- Follow through, highly organized, strong attention to detail, and a belief that “sweating the small stuff” matters
- Excellent customer service skills, including an outwardly friendly demeanor
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelors degree preferred
Given the importance of our support staff to the success of our schools, Noble offers among the top hourly rates of any schools in the Chicagoland area. Starting compensation is based on degree attainment and work experience.
Statement of Non Discrimination
Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.