The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Manager of Student Culture & Support
Be Noble. Be the Manager of Student Culture & Support at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,400 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are students of color, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. 99% of Noble students are accepted into college and almost 90% choose to enroll, resulting in over 6,200 Noble alumni who have received or are currently pursuing a 4-year college degree.
Who We're Seeking
Noble is seeking a Manager of Student Culture & Support to join our Network Support Team. This role is primarily charged with 1) supporting Noble’s legal compliance around discipline and the development of restorative practices, 2) development and dissemination of best practices with respect to culture and discipline which includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the creation and ongoing refinement of optional baseline curriculums for culture-related programming (advisory, character development programs, etc.) and 3) supporting improvement to and equity in overall student experience and student retention across all campuses in the Network. This is a full-time position that will report directly to the Director of Student Culture and Support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- General Compliance & Quality: Regularly assess culture-based data (student retention, demerits, suspensions, expulsions, etc), with an equity lens, to identify strengths and trends that require network attention as well as support relevant initiatives to address disparities in the data. This role will specifically oversee monthly suspension compliance audits.
- Culture Curriculum Development & Support: Build and continuously improve on baseline curriculum for Noble’s centralized Summer Restorative Program, campus-run quarterly character development programs, campus-run detentions, and campus-run advisories. In addition to building and continuously improving on this curriculum, run professional development to support the quality implementation of the curriculum (see below.)
- Professional Development and Best Practice Support: Assist in the creation and the implementation of a quarterly discipline and culture professional development series. Determine best systems for information and best practice sharing for discipline and culture teams. Collaborate with other departments to support the development of discipline and culture professional development series and best-practices (student services, instruction, etc). Lastly, this role will support the Director of Student Culture and Support in facilitating working groups around discipline and equity, as necessary.
- Summer Program Management Support: Support the Director of Student Culture and Support with the development and management of a Summer Restorative Program including relevant trainings for campus staff, developing external partnerships, and curriculum development.
- Communications: Oversee the creation, implementation, and maintenance of discipline and culture team knowledge management systems including a weekly newsletter, culture team site, and other relevant correspondence and updates.
Ideal Candidate Traits
- A deep-rooted passion for Noble’s mission and work in Chicago
- An exemplary embodiment of Noble’s core values of results, respect, follow-through, diversity, equity & inclusion, humility and self-awareness
- Alignment with Noble’s approach to high expectations and high support of students
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Health & Wellness:
- Competitive health benefits and paid parental leave
- Discounts to Noble Daycare, gym memberships, & bike-share services
- Free financial planning services
- Free 24/7 access to a licensed social worker and 3 in-person counseling services
- Professional Development and Recognition Opportunities:
- Leadership and career development programs including: Diverse Leaders Fellowship, Noble Fellowship, and Management Accelerator
- Will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a bonus incentive and a competitive benefits package.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!