The Noble Network of Charter Schools
Disciplinarian - SY19.20
Positions available at Gary Comer College Prep
Be Noble. Be a Disciplinarian at Noble.
Noble is Chicago’s highest-performing and largest network of public charter high schools. Our 18 schools and 1,300 employees currently serve over 12,300 students, 98% of whom are minority, 89% low-income, and 83% first-generation college goers. The School Quality and Rating Policy scores for the Chicago Public Schools rated Noble campuses as ten of the top fifteen public high schools in the city. We believe our people are the most valuable asset in preparing our students to be successful in college and lead exemplary lives. For that reason, we are looking for the best talent in education.
Who We’re Seeking
- Develop strong and authentic relationships with students while maintaining high expectations to advance positive school culture
- Collaborate with various parties involved with a student’s success (teachers, social work, parents, etc.) to determine the best plan for each student
- Manage a caseload of students that need additional behavior support
- Review data and develop procedures and plans to push behavior data in the right direction
- Monitor arrival, passing periods, lunch, and dismissal
- Ensure the safety and security of the building and campus
Key Traits, Skills, and Experiences:
- Unwavering belief in our student code of conduct and why it’s critical to student success
- Flexible and is able to adapt to varied and unexpected situations
- Ability to handle difficult situations and take control naturally
- Strong relationship building skills with students where high expectations are at the core
- Team player that is consistent, reliable, responsible, and always follows through
- Works well under pressure and still maintains positivity with students, staff, and parents
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- A belief in executing Noble’s approach to high expectations
- A record of pursuing and achieving ambitious results
- A regular practice of reflection and desire to continuously improve
- Eligibility to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What Noble has to Offer
A Focus on Learning: Our campus leaders minimize disruptions and maximize time focused on student learning. All classes start on time and are never interrupted with announcements, copy rooms are stockpiled with paper, and over 95% of students are in attendance daily.
Robust Student Services: We believe in serving the whole child. For this reason, each of our campuses is equipped with at least one full-time licensed Social Worker and teams of College Counselors. Additionally, our students have access to a variety of enrichment and extended learning options such as night and summer school courses and internship opportunities.
Active Community Involvement: Through parent advisory councils, feedback workshops, advocacy support, college enrollment guidance, quarterly parent-teacher conferences, advisory, and other engagement opportunities we invest in every student and family to build lasting, meaningful relationships.
Accountability and Support: Expectations are consistent for every adult and student in the building, and we welcome the accountability necessary to achieve excellence. We are obsessed with following through on the basics and are committed to supporting, developing, and retaining high-performing educators.
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
Be Noble. Join our Mission today!