Unified Communications Engineer
Position: Unified Communications Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL/Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance: Secret Clearance
** $10,000 sign on bonus available **
In support of client events, install (to include design and test), operate, and control video conferencing and A/V equipment.
- Install (to include design and test), operate, and maintain video conferencing equipment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of VTC infrastructure equipment. This includes the configuration and operation of Cisco Telepresence Management Suite (TMS), VCS Control/Expressways, Cisco Meeting Server (CMS), CODIAN MCUs and Cisco VTC Endpoints.
- As requested, provide video conferencing event planning packages consisting of test plans, engineering assessments, configuration drawings, accreditation documentation (as required) and other applicable documents or information.
- Utilize the existing incident management-tracking tool (e.g., Remedy) for all related maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve collaboration and business application incidents.
- Maintain currency with advancing technologies and provide recommendations for new technologies, including technology refresh, to the Government.
- Maintain continuous uninterrupted services.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or related experience required.
- Security + required.
- CCNA/P Collaboration desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Audio Visual industry.
- Working knowledge of A/V fundamentals a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, responsibilities will include extensive team and customer contact.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office products in required.
- Experience with Cisco systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience with computer network configuration.
- Occasionally lifting of 5-10 lbs.
- Regularly required to talk and or hear.
- Extended working hours.
- Will be required to use the computer screen for extensive periods of time.
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V